Here are some questions about education that you can ask candidates in the provincial election when they come to your door:
- How will you ensure that class sizes will be kept low in order to support optimal conditions for student learning?
Support for students with special needs
- How will you ensure that the supports and services required by Alberta’s diverse learners including English language learners and students with special needs are available?
Full day and junior kindergarten
- How will you ensure all students have access to fully-funded full-day and junior kindergarten programs?
Mental health and counselling supports
- How will you ensure all students have access to a teacher-certificated school counsellor in their school?
Stable, predictable and adequate education funding
- How will you ensure that schools are adequately resourced and students are appropriately supported?
- How will you ensure that education funding is supported by stable sources of government revenue?
- What ideas do you have for ensuring schools are safe and welcoming spaces for all students?
Curriculum and testing
- What are your views of the current curriculum renewal and the role of teachers in it?
- What are your views on the appropriate roles for government and teachers in student assessment and testing?